This practice was designed to be used in conjunction with your regular dance practice to increase strength, flexibility and the illusion of bonelessness in the upper body.
The practice has 5 parts:
- Gentle stretching to relax and prepare the body for movement.
- Dance movement preparation to strengthen the legs.
- An intense shoulder series with both strengthening and stretching segments to prepare for serpentine arm movements.
- Carriage and arm undulations and pathways. A short combination to illustrate the use of arms in dance and with torso movement and layering.
- Finishing poses to relax the spine and prepare you to re-enter your day.